Clinton Annual Ball - one of the oldest events of British Columbia
Pear LakeLeighwood Lake
Big Bar Lake
Marble Range Wilderness Park and Edge Hills Wilderness Park - horseback riding
The First Nations tribes of the Chilcotin, inhabited the area for centuries - surviving a semi-nomadic lifestyle and living among one of Canada's greatest pride of wild horses.
Clinton was originally named 47 Miles, but was renamed 1863 by Queen Victoria, in the honor of Lord Henry Clinton, the Colonial Secretary. The historic background as the Junction of the two major trails (to the Cariboo gold mines; the 1859 Cariboo Trail and the Cariboo Road, built in 1863) has led Clinton to be a founding member of the "Gold Country", an association of communities celebrating their past roll in "Gold Rush" era - Cache Creek, Ashcroft, Lytton and Spences Bridge.
In the 1950's over twenty bush mills and sawmills operated in the area, however a consolidation, eventually due to hard economic times and the absence of the Gold Rush construction of materials were in less demand, occurred and left one main sawmill which remained.
Summer average 20 degrees Celsius
Winter average -8 degrees Celsius