Mill Bay is part of the Cowichan Regional District and many great locations surrounding the Mill Bay are popular hotspots for visitors.
- Duncan offers one of the largest accessible parks of First Nation totems
- on the Malahat Drive the vistas are wonderful
- the areas acclaimed restaurants and activities are given markers along the roadside
- Bamberton has more wilderness parks to explore
- stop at various local wineries
- closer towards Victoria, the Goldstream Provincial park is where salmon run (autumn)and the stream is densely forested with well trodden paths throughout 379 hectares.
Soon after Victoria became an stabled community on Vancouver Island explorers and business men combed the island looking for opportunity. One of the largest producing (small) mills resides in the harbour of Mill Bay (hence the name). Since then, the old logging road is now a full blown commuter highway that allowed this community grow into an area rich with fishing, parks and harbour life.
Summer average 18 degrees Celsius
Winter average 5 degrees Celsius