If you have ever dreamed of spending a few days in paradise learning the craft of songwriting, honing your guitar skills , hiking , and meeting new friends, then you may be interested in receiving information on the Red Cedar Songwriter Camp, hosted by Mae Moore .
Red Cedar Songwriter Camp 2008 instructors are: Shari Ulrich, Kim Barlow,Lester Quitzau, David Essig, Jane Eamon and your host, Mae Moore. Check out the instructor’s page (Bio) on our website for more info on these great teachers.
Pender Island, British Columbia, Canada
June 19-22, 2008 inclusive
o $625.CDN plus gst (6% federal tax) per session which includes: ALL workshops, meals and sleeping accommodations.
* Healthy meals. We can accommodate your dietary needs.
What happens at the songwriter camp?
There will be musical opportunities such as jams, song circles, open mikes, special interest workshops and one- on-one instruction with facilitators. A concert given by the instructors exposes campers to the various styles and musicianship of their teachers; the student concert gives campers the opportunity to perform with these musicians, as well as one another.
* Analyze and participate in the craft and creative process of songwriting, guitar technique, performing and the business of music.
* One -on -one sessions with staff members for critiques and tips.
Our objectives are:
* To offer stimulating instruction that stretches creative limits and that meets the needs of beginners as well as professionals.
* To inspire attendees to integrate artistic and creative endeavors into their daily lives.
* To create a safe, supportive atmosphere that encourages people to take creative risks!
* To bring to the community expanded musical offerings beyond what is typically available in commercial venues.
* To make camp accessible to a wide audience by keeping tuition costs low.